Student’s Guide to Remote Learning
First and foremost: We are all in this together, and we’re here for you!
Things to Know:
- School will be happening every day virtually, Monday through Friday during our normal school hours (8:30am-3:20pm).
- You will be in live Zoom sessions with your teachers. The zoom links are available in each of your class’s Google Classrooms. You can also email your teacher for the link if you are unable to locate it. We will not be using Google Meet for live class sessions.
- You must log in to Google Classroom using your Bard student email. If you are having log-in issues with Infinite Campus or your Bard email, please contact Mr. Bond(email@example.com).
Academic Guidelines and Resources
In Case You Have Questions or Concerns
- For Bard email concerns, please reach out to Mr. Bond. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-248-2931)
- For questions about a specific class, please reach out to your faculty member directly. You can find their contact information in the Student Guide above, as well as on the Faculty page of our website.
- For additional academic guidance and support, you can also reach out to your school counselors: 9th graders should reach out to Ms. Melchior, 10th through Year 2’s with last names A-L should reach out to Mrs. Bubb, and 10th through Year 2’s with last names M-Z should reach out to Mrs. Hoyt.
- Mr. Philip Sharp, LCSW-C is one of our school partner’s from Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center’s, Expanded-School Based Mental Health Department. He provides many different services to our BARD school community, including but not limited to individual, group and family counseling, mental health consultations, and professional development for our staff. He can be reached via email at email@example.com or via phone at 443-738-5029. Please do not hesitate to reach out to him at any time of day with any mental health related questions or concerns.
- To connect daily with your school community, please check your Bard student email for information about our virtual lunch hour via “Google Meet” hosted by Mr. Bond, Ms. Ellis, and Ms. Kimball.
- To connect weekly with members of the larger Bard Baltimore community and administration, you can join us Monday nights at 7pm for our weekly Family Teacher Union meeting starting September 14th. Please check your email for the updated guidance and link from Dr. Gamber.
- If you have additional questions and concerns regarding the coronavirus, stay up-to-date with Baltimore City Schools by checking out their health updates page.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding accommodations, you can contact Mr. Schmitt.
- New FTU email address: We have established a new email address to serve parents and families through the Family Teacher Union: firstname.lastname@example.org . This account is being monitored by members of our support team.